Blue Jay Communication – the organiser of ABEF 2018 – is an international communications, public relations and events agency, focusing on Africa. With more than 15 years of experience in communications in Africa and internationally, Blue Jay works with multilateral organisations and governments, to build a strong, positive image of Africa and break the negative stereotypes that have surrounded it for years. Leila Ben Hassen is the agency’s CEO and founder of ABEF 2018.
On 7-8 June 2018, London will be celebrating the World Oceans Day by hosting the first edition of the Africa Blue Economy Forum (ABEF).
Recognising Blue Economy as a major source of wealth and prosperity for the continent, the forum will bring together government officials as well as high-level experts, investors, businesses, policy leaders, international organisations, civil society, public institutions and other opinion leaders to highlight and debate on the wide range of opportunities emerging from Africa’s aquatic and marine spaces.
- Learn about the potential of Africa’s Blue Economy and how it can create sustainable growth on the continent;
- Meet with ESG and impact investors, decision makers and government officials who can drive scalable, sustainable investment in the ocean;
- Discuss policy challenges and frameworks to attract more sustainable investments in the oceans;
- Discover investments opportunities and emerging blue industries in the ocean economy; and
- Build strategic partnerships with the public and private sectors to develop sustainable best practices and help shape Africa’s future.